I want to thank you for electing me to represent you as a Lakeway City Council Member. I am passionate about doing the right thing and what is best for the majority rather than the minority.
I was born and raised in Wheatridge, Colorado, a suburb of Denver and then lived on the sandy beaches of Orange County , California for several years before moving to Salt Lake City, Utah in 1995. After twelve years of the snowy winters my husband Michael and I decided to pick up and move to a warmer climate and by the Grace of God found our beautiful hill country, lake community of Lakeway in 2007.
After moving here, we decided to purchase and open a Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N Bake Pizza franchise, and believe it or not, after hearing, “What? I have to bake my own pizza, no way!” It has been nearly 9 years since we opened our doors. We have achieved nation-wide recognition as Outstanding Owner Operators in 2014 and Best of the Best 2009 -and Yes, Michael and I still love making and eating pizza!
As a leader in the community I serve and have served in many capacities as:
- Business Partner, Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N Bake Pizza in Lakeway
- Business Partner, Texas Wood Pellet Grills of Austin
- Papa Murphy’s Franchisee Association National Board of Directors
- Community Advocate and Contributor to many local non-profit organizations
- Women’s Advisory Council, Baylor Scott & White Hospital
- Helping others get the word out to the community; businesses, city entities, and charities through our Free Advertising -Wrap-It-Up Program
- Lakeway City Council Member, 2015-2017
- Zoning and Planning Commissioner, City of Lakeway
- Parks and Recreation Commission, City of Lakeway
- Membership Chair Lakeway Newcomers
- Judge for Lakeway 4th of July Parade
- Graudate, Citizens Police Academy/Alumni
- Lakeway Women in Networking/Contributor, Member, Guest Speaker and Supporter
- Lake Travis Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Leadership Lake Travis (3-years) Founding Class Participant, Co-Chair, & Chairperson
- LTISD Advisory Board
- Graduate of LTISD CLASS (Community Leaders and Advocates for Student Success) Project
- Member, Women’s Club of Greater Lakeway
- GuidePoint Global Consultant as a Restaurant Industry Expert
- Greeting Team, Austin Ridge Bible Church
- Co-LifeGroup Leader, Austin Ridge Bible Church
My passion is for serving, participating, contributing, and making a difference in our community!
Following are concerns I would like to address:
1) The Growth affecting Transportation, Water, and Safety – we need a long-term strategy, so in next 10-20 years we are not still in reactive mode.